Thursday, November 20, 2014

Most important line in my book

             I'm reading The Scorch Trials by James Dashner, which is the second book in The Maze Runner series. It picks up exactly where the book and movie left off. This book is a really intense book with a plethora of action. Personally I enjoy all the action that's happening in the book. I'm more motivated to read so I can find out what happens next. There's so many things happening at once and so many new characters introduced that it's hard to choose only one important line. Since I have to pick just one, the most important line in my book would probably have to be:

"Teresa Agnes. Group A, Subject A1.
The Betrayer." (Dashner 15)
 
                This line to me just sets the whole book in motion. Of course if you've read the first book your attention will immediately go to this line, but even if you haven't the bold font catches your eye almost instantaneously. The quote is towards the beginning of the book so I think its a great way to hook a reader into the book. I like that after this quote the book leaves you guessing. All you find out is this information and then you don't find what it means or why it's there until the end of the book. I really liked the fact that it was mysterious. The book moves on pretty quickly though, so you don't have much time to speculate over what it means. Honestly this line was one of the things that kept me reading. I wanted to find out what that line meant so I kept reading and by the time I found out what the line meant I couldn't stop reading because I was hooked to the book. I'm really excited they're turning it into a movie! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/21/maze-runner-sequel-premiere_n_5857998.html


1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. After reading the book myself, that line really intrigued me. It made me ask a lot of questions, and motivated me to continue reading to book, and then the series. Good post! I haven't seen the movie, but I hope to someday!

    ReplyDelete